Friday, October 14, 2011

Cops Run Over a Protester’s Leg, Punch a Guy at Occupy Wall Street

Gawker

Against all odds, Occupy Wall Street's protest at Zuccotti Park survived the night. But during an impromptu march early this morning, things got violent.

Video of the NYPD running over a National Lawyer's Guild legal observer's leg with a scooter is above. He reportedly broke his leg, and was arrested after kicking the scooter over to free himself, since, you know, the cop just parked it there and walked away.

Then there's the guy who was punched in the face after no apparent provocation. (See video from The Street below.)

The man punched, Felix Rivera-Pitre is an HIV positive former dancer who lives in a YMCA in Queens. He told Gothamist this morning:
"The cop just lunged at me full throttle and hit me on the left side of my face. It tore my earring out. I remember seeing my earring on the ground next to me and it was full of blood. I was completely dumbstruck. I'm HIV positive and that cop should get tested."
The only explanation he could give for the punch was that he "shot the cop a look." About 15 people were arrested early this morning during the march.




Help Us Transmit This Story




    Add to Your Blogger Account
    Put it On Facebook
    Tweet this post
    Print it from your printer
     Email and a collection of other outlets
     Try even more services

No comments:

Post a Comment